Saturday 17 June 2017

The City


Seven years ago tonight, I became a permanent resident of the city of Ottawa. Technically I'd been living in the city for months prior because of college, but on that day it became official!

It was a night that changed my life, for the better, forever. Up until then, I'd been living in a small, rural town called Winchester, about forty minutes outside of Ottawa. I'd lived there since the age of eight. It was a nice place to grow up in but the more time I was spending away at college, the more restless I was getting to leave. The truth is, it may have been a nice place to grow up in, but it wasn't exactly the most ideal place for a physically disabled adult looking for some form of independence.

Moving to Ottawa permanently allowed me to branch out in so many different ways and become more independent almost immediately!

There's a lot about Winchester I look back on fondly, like our house, the pool we had, and the sense of security a small town vibe gave, but some of the experiences I've had here have made it a worthwhile trade-off and I'm still so thankful that my parents decided to make the move.

Just something I wanted to share.

Cheers!

1 comment: