Tuesday 11 July 2017

Countdown to Phoenix


One more week until the Joubert conference in Phoenix and, despite tales of super-hot temperatures, I'm officially excited!

The whole family's going again, and we fly out early, early next Tuesday. First to Calgary, then southward. We're going early and flying out later so we can enjoy both the conference and Arizona itself. Shopping, Mexican food, lounging by the hotel's amazing-looking pool, and photos in Winslow (because we're Eagles fans and also stereotypical tourists) are all on the vacation agenda.

This will be my first conference not speaking, but I'll still have lots to do! I've been asked to lead another discussion group for the older youth in attendance, so that'll be interesting. I've also helped plan a casual meet-up for the adults who are going. Way more than previous conferences, two of whom are already pretty good friends, so this should definitely be a highlight of the week!

Add to that the Facebook friends I finally get to meet in person, and the usual cast of characters, and there'll be no shortage of good times next week.

I've also been presented with a great opportunity this conference that could lead to lots of advocacy, but more on this later.

Like Chicago two years ago, expect a huge post detailing all the great times when I return!

Until then, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment