Saturday 28 October 2017

Enough With The Nazis

No way was I using that other symbol


I've tried to think of a nicer way to spin the following post, but I can't. Deepest apologies if it upsets anyone. Here goes...

Why can't humanity get it that the Nazis weren't a good thing?!

I can't and won't begin to understand the political climates of other countries. I also realize that people are entitled to their own beliefs. However, I can not get over the seemingly global current obsession with a group that did so much evil!

As someone with a disability, it's a little sickening to see the resurgence of a belief system that ultimately lead to people like myself being thrown in gas chambers.

On the one side, you've got people openly wearing and carrying around swastikas like it's no big deal. On the other side, you have any group or individual who does something remotely hateful being labelled as Hitler or a Nazi. While that may seem like an appropriate comparison to some, it's still a pretty big stretch given the things the Nazis actually did. Also, it just creates more Nazis, so stop it. Just ignore them, and they'll hopefully go away!

It's not my place to totally understand what's going on in the world, but can we all please just show each other a little more respect and kindness?

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. George- as always thank you for sharing your insights. I totally agree, is it to hard to ask for peace in this world.

    ReplyDelete