Monday 30 October 2017

Life Below Ground


This past August, my grandmother came to visit for a while. Since she's not well, my mother thought it would be best for her to stay in my room. It's on the same floor as my parents and sister, close to a bathroom, and the stairs are easier to climb. That meant I was able to stay in our basement.

I did this for a little while last Christmas, and it was pretty fun. Had my own space and was able to do things after my grandmother went to bed. That lasted for just under a month.

This time around, my grandmother stayed for about two weeks. Originally, I was going to move back to my room a day after she left, but my father wanted to go to our cabin that weekend so I stayed for a couple more days. Then a couple days became another week. That turned into a month and now, as of this week, I'll have been staying in our basement for three whole months!

It's a pretty nice space. It's furnished, with a living room area and TV. We sectioned off part of the area to make a small bedroom which is nice too.

Mostly, I just like the feeling of having my own space that's far enough away from the rest of my family, without actually leaving home.

I may move back to my room soon, especially with the colder weather coming. On the other hand, my grandmother's going to be here for Christmas, so I may just stick it out until the new year!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment