Thursday 22 February 2018

A Mighty Fine Opportunity


Bragging time!

Several months ago, I looked into submitting articles and previously written blog posts to websites for publication. I found one or two that offered payment, but first I wanted to try submitting somewhere that didn't, mainly for practice.

I found The Mighty, a health and disability website I've followed off and on for a while and one I've seen publish stories from friends in the past.

After signing up, I edited and submitted my recent Boy With The Beard post. I received a notification from them saying that they get so many submissions that mine may take a while to be published, or may not be published at all so, while positive, I didn't really get my hopes up.

I sort of forgot all about it, until today, when The Mighty finally published my story!!

For the first time in about four years, I've gotten something out and published! Again, this one was for free, but The Mighty is affiliated with other sites like Yahoo and The Huffington post, and there's a small chance that my story could appear on either of those!

So yeah, feeling pretty awesome over here! Now to do some more research into places that could actually pay me to write.

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment